1st Mortgage / Purchase Loan
For many, buying a home is the most important and largest investment one can make. Chivaho offers a variety of low fixed rate mortgage options for your primary residence or second home.
Our Mortgage Team will help you accomplish your home buying or refinancing goals by guiding you through the home financing essentials:
- Checking your credit... We will help you understand your credit and the role it plays in your upcoming home purchase
- Evaluating Employment, Assets, and Liabilities... We will explain the importance of your debt to income ratio and financial budgeting
- Determining your Down Payment... We will show you a variety of loan programs to choose from to accommodate down payments of any size
- Organizing Documents... We will give you a list of what you need and where to find it in order to save you time
- Getting Pre-Qualified... We will prepare home buyers with the knowledge of how much they can afford to spend, both upfront and on a monthly basis
Our goal is to provide the highest level of service at competitive rates. Our Mortgage Loan Officers are only a phone call away if you need help. Contact us at 740-775-3881.
Home Equity Loan
Are you looking to renovate your home or consolidate debt? A Home Equity Loan from Chivaho FCU can help you leverage your home's value and accomplish your goals at the same time. You can borrow against the value of your home with a fixed rate option that allows you to budget your monthly payments. Our goal is to help you find the perfect Home Equity Loan so you can move forward with "piece of mind". Contact the loan department for current rates and complete details.
An FHA loan is a mortgage loan approved by a lending institution and guaranteed by the Federal Housing Administration. These loans have competitive interest rates and are most beneficial to those who may not easily meet the credit and down payment requirements of a conventional loan.
- Low down payments
- Low closing costs
- Easy credit qualifying
VA Home Loans
VA loans are a type of insured first mortgage loan available specifically to veterans and can provide up to 100% financing. For VA housing loan purposes, the term "Veteran" includes certain members of the Selected Reserve, active duty service personnel, and certain categories of spouses.
Learn more about how you can obtain a VA Home Loan by contacting one of our Mortgage Loan Officers at 740-775-3381.
VA Home Loan Advantages
The guarantee VA provides to lenders allows them to provide you with more favorable terms, including:
- No down payment as long as the sales price doesn't exceed the appraised value
- No private mortgage insurance premium requirement
- VA rules limit the amount you can be charged for closing costs
- Closing costs may be paid by the seller
- The lender can't charge you a penalty fee if you pay the loan off early
- VA may be able to provide you some assistance if you run into difficulty making payments
You should also know that:
- You don't have to be a first-time homebuyer
- You can reuse the benefit
VA-backed loans are assumable, as long as the person assuming the loan qualifies.